Articles, Seminars, Speaking Engagements And Interviews
Smithers Law Group, LLC, Your Trusted 360° General Counsel® is particularly keen on providing legal education and partnering with organizations that support business owners in order to provide programming. SLG is on a mission to equip business owners to lay strong foundations for their businesses and/or to take their businesses to the next level.
SLG provides comprehensive legal services to start-up and small to mid-size companies with a 360° approach. SLG’s practice areas include Business Litigation/Disputes, Corporate/Business Law, Employment Law, and Intellectual Property. These are the critical areas of law that regularly impact businesses. As Your Trusted 360° General Counsel®, SLG saves its clients the expense and responsibility of staffing and supporting an in-house legal department. SLG offers superior legal services and experience with flexible rate structures tailored to the needs of our clients.
SLG has partnered with Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs, the Small Business Administration, Club Entrepreneur Atlanta, the City Club of Buckhead, and the ATL Small Business Mastermind Forum to educate business owners.
Notes From My Legal Pad
SLG is excited to bring you Notes from My Legal Pad
Notes from My Legal Pad is an ongoing video series that brings SLG’s legal education to life. Join SLG attorneys as they provide nuggets of information on a range of topics that affect you and your business.
SAMPLE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Focus Forward: The Blueprint to Employer/Employee Relations in the Time of COVID 19.
• REPLAY THE CONVERSATION Focus Forward: The Blue Print to Planning the New Future of Your Business
• Everything You Wanted to Know About Litigation Holds and 30(b)(6) Depositions but Were Afraid to Ask!
• Roxann Smithers joins Emory’s Start:ME program on Atlanta’s Southside
• Career Impact Radio Small Business Do’s & Don’ts
• Giving up the Grind Podcast: Partnerships
• Do you know the difference between registering as an LLC, LLP, or Inc.?
• Atlanta Business Radio
• Do you know the difference in employing direct employees, independent contracts, and interns?
• Cybersecurity for CPAs, Finance Professionals, and Attorneys?
• Ask the Professionals: Manage Human, Contractual and Monetary Resources
• How to Plan a Graceful Exit from Your Business
• S+U Legal Update (IRS Guidance on Same-Sex Married Couples)
• Changes to Employment Law and New Hire Forms
• Primer for Construction Contract Reviews
• Protecting Your Payment Rights: Liens
• Legal Considerations for a Home-Based Business
• Fighting Smart: A Guide to Dispute Resolution Provisions