Articles, Seminars, Speaking Engagements And Interviews
Smithers + Ume-Nwagbo, LLC, Your Trusted 360° General Counsel® is particularly keen on providing legal education and partnering with organizations that support business owners in order to provide programming. S+U is on a mission to equip business owners to lay strong foundations for their businesses and/or to take their businesses to the next level.
S+U provides comprehensive legal services to start-up and small to mid-size companies with a 360° approach. S+U’s practice areas include Business Litigation/Disputes, Corporate/Business Law, Employment Law, and Employee Benefits. These are the critical areas of law that regularly impact businesses. As Your Trusted 360° General Counsel®, S+U saves its clients the expense and responsibility of staffing and supporting an in-house legal department. S+U offers superior legal services and experience with flexible rate structures tailored to the needs of our clients.
S+U has partnered with Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs, the Small Business Administration, Club Entrepreneur Atlanta, and the City Club of Buckhead to educate business owners.
Notes From My Legal Pad
S+U is excited to bring you Notes from My Legal Pad
Notes from My Legal Pad is an ongoing video series that brings S+U’s legal education to life. Join S+U attorneys as they provide nuggets of information on a range of topics that affect you and your business.
SAMPLE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Focus Forward: The Blueprint to Employer/Employee Relations in the Time of COVID 19.
• REPLAY THE CONVERSATION Focus Forward: The Blue Print to Planning the New Future of Your Business
• Everything You Wanted to Know About Litigation Holds and 30(b)(6) Depositions but Were Afraid to Ask!
• Roxann Smithers joins Emory’s Start:ME program on Atlanta’s Southside
• Career Impact Radio Small Business Do’s & Don’ts
• Giving up the Grind Podcast: Partnerships
• Do you know the difference between registering as an LLC, LLP, or Inc.?
• Atlanta Business Radio
• Do you know the difference in employing direct employees, independent contracts, and interns?
• Cybersecurity for CPAs, Finance Professionals, and Attorneys?
• Ask the Professionals: Manage Human, Contractual and Monetary Resources
• How to Plan a Graceful Exit from Your Business